Hearing aid technology has made huge leaps since people held ear trumpets up to their ears to amplify sound. The latest hearing aids are technological wonders, some so small they are practically invisible.
If you want to hear more, join in the conversation, and live better — find out everything you need to know about hearing aids here.
Hearing Aids Have Changed: 3 Benefits of New Hearing Aid Technology
Thinking about getting hearing aids? We’ve come a long way since the clunky style popular in your grandparents’ day. Not only do current hearing aids have slick designs, some of them virtually disappear in the ear canal and are barely noticeable even when you’re looking for them. Here are just 3 benefits of getting hearing aids:
- Hear every word…even when there’s background noise. Hearing aids are now equipped with artificial intelligence which not only “learn” your favorite settings and adapt automatically to different situations. AI technology allows you to identify which voices you want to listen to…and drown out the rest.
- Recover from cognitive decline. One of the lesser-known, life-changing issues caused by hearing loss is cognitive decline. Luckily, studies have shown that people wearing hearing aids can recover any cognitive decline simply by treating their hearing loss.
- Treat tinnitus. It’s estimated that a third of people in the U.S. have tinnitus–ringing or clicking in the ears. While there’s no cure for tinnitus, some hearing aids can mask the noise offering you relief. The latest hearing aid technology can even work like a fitness tracker by monitoring your vital signs. (Seriously, it’s more accurate than a wrist device.)
Hearing Aid Types: How to Choose a Hearing Aid
There are many hearing aid types to choose from including:
- In-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids.
- Invisible-in-canal (IIC) hearing aids.
- In the Ear (ITE) hearing aids.
- Behind-the-ear (BTE).
- Receiver in canal (RIC).
- Extended wear hearing aids.
- Middle-ear implants. An alternative to hearing aids, these devices have an external portion and a surgically-implanted portion.
- Bluetooth hearing aids.
The best way to choose a hearing aid is to see a hearing specialist and have your hearing evaluated. Some of the above options might not work well in your ear canal or for your particular type of hearing. Here’s some advice on what to look for when choosing a hearing aid style.
- What Makes a Good Hearing Aid?
- Why Don’t Insurance Companies Cover Hearing Aids?
- Buying New Hearing Aids and 8 Facts You Should Know
Hearing Aids 101: What You Should Know
Unfortunately, there are a ton of myths about hearing aids. For example, most people think the minute you put them in your ears you’ll instantly hear better. The truth it, you often need to adjust to them. In fact, the more you wear your hearing aids, the better you’ll be able to hear. Here are some hearing aid basics every owner should know:
- 5 Mistakes Every New Hearing Aid Owner Makes
- How Long Should You Wear Your Hearing Aids
- Can You Use Hand-Me-Down Hearing Aids?
Caring for Your Hearing Aids
From cleaning your hearing aids to taking them (safely) with you on vacation, learning how to care for your hearing aids is crucial to keeping your investment in peak condition.
- What You Need to Know About Traveling with Your Hearing Aids
- 8 Reasons You Can’t Treat Hearing Aids Like Glasses
- Trouble Hearing? Check This Instead of Your Hearing Aid
Hearing Aid Batteries
Cool Things You Didn’t Know About Hearing Aids
The stigma around hearing aids is gone…now most people consider them a personal device…an extension of their smartphones and computers. Here are just some of the exciting advancements in hearing aid technology….plus a few wild things we bet you didn’t know:
- How the Future of Hearing Aids Has Changed in Just One Year
- Would You Wear a Hearing Aid for $30,000 a Year?
- 3 Exciting New Tech Improvements to Hearing Aids
- Does Your Hearing Degrade Without a Hearing Aid?
- What Does the Hearing Aid Noise Filter Do?
- Hearing Aids Are Cheaper Than a Visit to the ER
Are There Alternatives to Hearing Aids?
Lately, there’s a lot in the news about alternatives to hearing aids such as a personal sound amplification device or over-the-counter hearing aids. Here’s the inside skinny on this new hearing technology.
- What Is a PSAP and How Is It Different from a Hearing Aid?
- Are Earbuds a Viable Alternative to Hearing Aids?
Other Hearing Aid Resources and Information
Our mission is to help you overcome or cope with hearing loss. We’re committed to bringing you the latest information on hearing health, breakthroughs on hearing aids, and new hearing technologies designed to make your life easier. We also have a directory of resources for hearing loss treatment. Explore the latest articles.
People with hearing loss often struggle through big family gatherings. There are several steps you can take to make your meal more enjoyable.
Do you know how your hearing aid noise filter works? If not, you might be surprised!
New hearing aids can be expensive, but does that mean used hearing aids are a better option for you?
Hearing aid features have changed over time, but the most significant leap in hearing aid tech has been the evolution of its battery.
Millions of people suffer from hearing loss, but most cannot get hearing aids through their insurance companies. Do you know why?
Hearing aids may be frustrating; maybe even overwhelming, but they are a direct link between your ears and your brain.
Using technology to help people with hearing loss isn’t new, but a partnership between two giants in their fields changes the game.
Hearing aids are expensive, but necessary devices. There are ways you can help pay for your hearing aid and improve your quality of life.
Since the launch of the iPod, people have been wearing earbuds. But do they have what it takes to become hearing aids?
Your untreated hearing loss may lead to a severe drop in income and here’s why.
For many people, admitting they can’t hear is admitting they are getting older. With new technology though, hearing aids are more advanced than ever.
There is a lot of misinformation about mild hearing loss. Find out what you can ignore when making decisions about treating your condition.
Is more of something always better? Find out how many hearing aids you really need.
A great way to keep your ears in shape! Try adding this quick exercise to your routine.
It’s imperative you know these facts before buying hearing aids.
You can improve your hearing with simple hearing exercise, give this one a try!
What if your hearing aids could give you super-human hearing? New hearing aids could make that a reality sooner than you think.
Did you know cellphones can interfere with your hearing aid? We can help.
Find out why your lack of hearing probably holds you back more than you realize.
Your hearing aids can last much longer with this information.
What’s your risk of hearing loss? Find out!
Your smartphone is doing great things for the hearing aid industry.
Hearing is an important part of anyone’s quality of life and it’s no different for seniors.
Don’t put your wallet before your comfort. Get medical devices fitted by medical professionals.
Making a purchase this critical can be overwhelming so we rounded up expert advice to help you.
You might be surprised by the wearable gadget that’s seeing drastic upgrades.
Don’t let medical jargon keep you from better hearing and a better quality of life.
These proactive checks could help you avoid hearing loss.